Bills Bike Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Part ?? of the hangy on thing it IT LIVES! AND IT TRIED TO KILL ME!!

+5
caveman
pastyman
lwt big cheese
Alan H
Bill (the boss)
9 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Part ?? of the hangy on thing it IT LIVES! AND IT TRIED TO KILL ME!! Empty Part ?? of the hangy on thing it IT LIVES! AND IT TRIED TO KILL ME!!

Post by Bill (the boss) Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:54 pm

Part one was the idea, part 2 was the drawing up, part 3 was the gathering of odds and sods, part 4 and others was other stuff.

But here is part one video stage!!

Last edited by Bill (the boss) on Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:16 pm; edited 4 times in total
Bill (the boss)
Bill (the boss)

Back to top Go down

Part ?? of the hangy on thing it IT LIVES! AND IT TRIED TO KILL ME!! Empty Re: Part ?? of the hangy on thing it IT LIVES! AND IT TRIED TO KILL ME!!

Post by Alan H Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:43 pm

You gonna lane it Bill, or just use it on the road?
Alan H
Alan H

Back to top Go down

Part ?? of the hangy on thing it IT LIVES! AND IT TRIED TO KILL ME!! Empty Re: Part ?? of the hangy on thing it IT LIVES! AND IT TRIED TO KILL ME!!

Post by lwt big cheese Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:40 am

Needs a V8.
lwt big cheese
lwt big cheese

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill (the boss) Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:30 am

Al, Both I reckon.

G. Hmmmm
Bill (the boss)
Bill (the boss)

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan H Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:40 pm

The 4.6 in the garage may be a tight fit.
Alan H
Alan H

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill (the boss) Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:10 pm

OK. Update, no pics as I was too busy fighting the fucking thing.

The canny amongst you may have noticed that in the video was a 12" mini wheel and tyre Dave donated to the project, and that I was intending to put that on the hub that originally held a 8" trailer wheel.

On first lookage and measurating I ascertained the PDC was the same so a trial fittage was in order. Oh fuckage again, hub goes in hole, studs go in hole but it all stops when there is about 1mm of thread for the nuts, bollocks.

So, lookage ensues again, and this time I spy summat trailer hubs have that Mini hubs dont......a grease nipple!!, with a boss to mount the grease nipple!!.

So hub goes in lathe, quick spinnage and boss etc dissapears, grub screw into what is left of nipple hole, spinnage on the lathe again and hey ho, job done.

Try again and this time (fanfare and drum roll) in it slips like a greased ferret up a drainpipe!!

That's me done for the day.
Bill (the boss)
Bill (the boss)

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan H Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:28 pm

I love it when a plan (B) comes together!
Alan H
Alan H

Back to top Go down

Post by lwt big cheese Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:28 pm

And today?
lwt big cheese
lwt big cheese

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan H Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:55 pm

C'mon Cheesey, give him a chance FFS!
Alan H
Alan H

Back to top Go down

Post by lwt big cheese Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:21 am

Has he started yet? Or is he running the marathon?
lwt big cheese
lwt big cheese

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill (the boss) Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:30 am

Yesterday, went swimming with the family, today I watched the F1, bloody good as well it was, this AM I have Mr and Mrs Boatbuoy coming over so I doubt if much will be done today.

I have much plannage going on in my head though, for instance, I still haven't finalised the mounting of the contraption to the bike, do I go for 3 point mounting or 4? 3 point is a lot easier given the bits in the way on the bike, but in theory 4 point will be stronger, then I also have to think about building in some adjustability for the rig. The first mounting will be so it is set up near enough, then I need some room for final fiddling.

Above all I have to bear in mind the overall weight and may have to reduce the gearing, that'll mean making some sprockets, but that'll happen when and if I need to.
Bill (the boss)
Bill (the boss)

Back to top Go down

Post by lwt big cheese Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:15 pm

Or diet.
lwt big cheese
lwt big cheese

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill (the boss) Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:44 pm

Been out skip diving today and have found a 3 drawer filing cabinet complete with drawers, that should supply enough steel for the front and rear maybe underneath as well.

I am thing of using ply for the sides, easy to shape etc.
Bill (the boss)
Bill (the boss)

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan H Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:39 pm

If the drawers are big enough, they might fit Cheesey.
Alan H
Alan H

Back to top Go down

Post by lwt big cheese Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:02 am

affraid
lwt big cheese
lwt big cheese

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill (the boss) Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:49 pm

Bill (the boss)
Bill (the boss)

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan H Fri May 20, 2011 11:04 am

Hows about an update Bill?
Alan H
Alan H

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill (the boss) Fri May 20, 2011 1:25 pm

OK, the sidecar is on a box beside the bike whilst I try to figure out the actual mounting of the dammed thing.

I got a pair of marine grade stainless steel turnbuckle type thingies for £25.

I'll wander outside in a mo and take a snap.
Bill (the boss)
Bill (the boss)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill (the boss) Fri May 20, 2011 1:50 pm

Part ?? of the hangy on thing it IT LIVES! AND IT TRIED TO KILL ME!! 003

Part ?? of the hangy on thing it IT LIVES! AND IT TRIED TO KILL ME!! 004
Bill (the boss)
Bill (the boss)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill (the boss) Fri May 20, 2011 1:51 pm

Bollocks, pics are too wide to fit on this silly skinny forum.
I shall officially sulk.
Bill (the boss)
Bill (the boss)

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan H Sat May 21, 2011 4:07 pm

Tell me if you want any more turnbuckles.
Alan H
Alan H

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill (the boss) Sat May 21, 2011 5:56 pm

Have you got free ones then? I could do with two more please.
Bill (the boss)
Bill (the boss)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill (the boss) Sun May 22, 2011 11:59 am

Last night (sat night) a friend of mine came round for a visit (Keith aka Boatbuoy) and his different thinking came up with what could be a flipping brilliant idea for mounting the chair!
I shall keep schtum for now, but if you see it mounted in a slightly unconventional manner, then it was his idea, not mine
Bill (the boss)
Bill (the boss)

Back to top Go down

Post by lwt big cheese Sun May 22, 2011 8:15 pm

Duct tape?
lwt big cheese
lwt big cheese

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill (the boss) Sun May 22, 2011 10:04 pm

Nope
Bill (the boss)
Bill (the boss)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next