hi again yall

View previous topic View next topic Go down

hi again yall

Post by motocuz on Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:17 pm

hello everybody. i hope everyone is doing well there across the pond. i havent been able to get on here very much lately.
i've just been struggling to get by and keep my belly full. it's been a real tough go of it for me since i left virginia and came down here to florida. there isnt any work here for shit. everybody is unemployed. i put a sign up on the front of my property that sez "CUSTOM WELDING and MOTORCYLE REPAIR" and i'm not getting any business at all. there have been several folks stop by and try to sell me stuff though. i always laugh at that one. i tell 'em; you certainly came to wrong place that. being how all this has got me down,its kinda hard for me to have anything really neat to post. one ray of light; a fellow dropped off a 1999-2000 ural for me to try and get running for him. i'm giving it the 'ol college try but it may not be fixable. its been sitting out in the weather for TWO FUCKIN YEARS! the motor was seized solid. i got it broke loose but i cant any juice the plugs so she'll fire. i dont have a manual so i'm gonna have to do some research. any of yall know anything about a ural? i know its a copy of a bmw but i dont know much about them either.
oh yeh! happy birthday to everyone whos had one recently or has one comming up.
motocuz

Back to top Go down

Re: hi again yall

Post by caveman on Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:51 pm

Sorry to hear that Cuz. The unemployment situation is much the same over here just now - everyone's scared shitless of losing their job.

I reckon Bill's the man to help you with info on the Ural front.

I hope something good turns up soon for you mate, good luck.
caveman

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill (the boss) on Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:34 pm

Cheers Ray,

First of Cuz, they aint a BMW copy so get that idea gone.

By 'juice at the plugs' I take it you mean a spark? If so there are only two things that will make that happen 1-the ignition coil and 2- the points closed up. Both of those are easy to check.
If they appear ok then check the low tension wiring to the coil, oh yes, check the main barrel where you put the keys to turn it on and off.

Bollocks I cant stop this!
Bill (the boss)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill (the boss) on Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:40 pm

Cuz, here are the 'go to' boys for Ural over here http://www.f2motorcycles.ltd.uk/contact.html The bloke in charge (David Angel) is a decent guy and it may be worth you firing off an email to him explaining where you are and you're problems.
What this bloke doesn't know about Urals aint worth knowing.

Bill (the boss)

Back to top Go down

Post by JSG on Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:11 pm

Bill (the boss) wrote:Cuz, here are the 'go to' boys for Ural over here http://www.f2motorcycles.ltd.uk/contact.html The bloke in charge (David Angel) is a decent guy and it may be worth you firing off an email to him explaining where you are and you're problems.
What this bloke doesn't know about Urals aint worth knowing.

Interesting link - I've always like the Ural's retro look. Bloody expensive though Shocked
JSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill (the boss) on Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:14 pm

Try these then John click here, the pricing appears odd to me but the bikes look good

Bill (the boss)

Back to top Go down

Post by motocuz on Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:30 pm

hi cavey. thanks a bunch bill. i've just about got 'er finished.i put in new pistons and rings and honed the cylinders clean.i got lucky and got juice/spark to the plugs by just going through things and cleaning up terminals and conectors.so now i'm cleaning out the carbs.man, are they a mess!looks like moss growin there.what was in the float bowls looked like green thick kool aid and smelled about the same.no shit! smelled kinda like mint.this guy is on a budget and he doesnt know how lucky he is that this thing isnt in worse shape.i'll have her cranked up in a day or two.
motocuz

Back to top Go down

Post by caveman on Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:48 pm

Nice one Cuz! Cool
caveman

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill (the boss) on Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:28 am

They are pretty indestructible apart from the generator/alternator part, they have a habit of letting go, in the same way as Shovelheads advance/retard units.

Bill (the boss)

Back to top Go down

Post by motocuz on Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:08 pm

them mechanical advance on the shovels can sure cause some grief. i wanted to fire the bugger off today but the float valve rubber came off each one of the carbs today.both of torn and coated with moss. used tip cleaner to clear out all of the circuits in the carbs and they all cleared out thank goodness. but i cant do squat until i get them float valves. i tried to call the guy/owner to bring 'em to me but i cant hold of him. so now i'm just gonna go ahead and button 'er all up till i get those valves.
motocuz

Back to top Go down

Post by caveman on Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:42 am

Ignorant bastard, you didn't reply to me.

Cunt!
caveman

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill (the boss) on Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:03 am

Who said that?

Bill (the boss)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content