Bills Bike Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hobby for my sanity.

3 posters

Go down

Hobby for my sanity. Empty Hobby for my sanity.

Post by caveman Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:16 am

Although I was a shooting man for many years (since the age of 14 when I was a member of the local YMCA air rifle shooting club) and went on to be employed in various jobs as either Gamekeeper, Deer Stalker or pest controller.

I've always hated killing animals for most reasons (unless for food) - but, because I was very good at field craft I was very successful at it, besides, I'd witnessed so many wankers doing terrible things to animals that I knew I could do much better and with far more empathy and compassion.

Sounds arrogant, it's not at all, it's simply true.

The result was that I fell in love with guns. Firstly air rifles, then shotguns and eventually full bore centre-fire rifles (for Deer Stalking).

As I got older I realized that I just couldn't do it anymore, so eventually returned to gardening as a job, although not qualified, I'd learnt a lot from my Dad and managed to earn a living. Both careers are generally poorly paid, but I was more interested in job contentment than money anyway so it didn't really affect my income.

Cutting a massively long story short, once Anne got ill I gave up work to look after her here were I am now. I'd lost all my guns - except for an old air rifle that I used for shooting targets in the garden. Once all our pets died and within a very short time, we were totally inundated with rats... probably because I was feeding the wee birds in wintertime and had no cats or dogs.

I've had three invasions of the bastards, so far. Each 'invasion' occurs after two years or so after the last one is wiped out. I wiped out the last one nearly three years ago. There's signs about but no invasion as of yet.

As I'm an auld fucked cunt, I can't really use an air rifle accurately anymore - but I've found another way to shoot the buggers if they appear really near my hoose.

Though, to be honest I'd much rather kill sheets of paper than critters.  Wink

A CP-1 target .22 air pistol, fitted with a red dot sight for very accurate shooting to 5/10 yards and deadly to rats at 5 yards - which would be my maximum range, probably nearer to 2 or 3 yards as I'll be shooting from my bedroom window downwards. Cool

Here it is...

Hobby for my sanity. Sam_2014
caveman
caveman

Back to top Go down

Hobby for my sanity. Empty Re: Hobby for my sanity.

Post by Bill (the boss) Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:46 pm

Oooh, that is fucking lovely
Bill (the boss)
Bill (the boss)

Back to top Go down

Post by caveman Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:43 am

Aye, it is lovely Bill.  Sadly, nowadays we need a licence up here for airguns - fucking Scottish twats, knee-jerk tossers. Sign of the times I reckon.

When I started serious shooting at 17 in the late 60's, I got my shotguns and air rifles from my older sisters catalogue - fuck me!  Even after I got married I got an air rifle (which I still have) from Anne's catalogue in 1980!

Fuck, I miss Anne so fucking much. Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
caveman
caveman

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill (the boss) Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:42 pm

She wouldn't want you moping though mate, things could be worse you could be metalface!!
Bill (the boss)
Bill (the boss)

Back to top Go down

Post by caveman Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:25 am

Aaaaggghh!
caveman
caveman

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill (the boss) Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:06 pm

Hello Ray
Bill (the boss)
Bill (the boss)

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan H Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:02 am

FFS Ray. Keep on keeping on.
Alan H
Alan H

Back to top Go down

Post by caveman Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:14 am

Just recently found out my lad's got his mum's illness. As a witness to his mum's suffering he's adamant he won't go beyond the age that she developed the early symptoms of double incontinence, ability to eat and losing speech etc...that means around the age of 48 - he's 40 now.

I fucking hate this fucking world.

caveman
caveman

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan H Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:57 am

Jesus Ray. So sorry to hear that. You must both be devastated. Not much justice in the world is there? You can both only pray it doesn't get as bad, as fast.
Alan H
Alan H

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill (the boss) Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:18 pm

Fuck, fuck, fuckity fuck
Bill (the boss)
Bill (the boss)

Back to top Go down

Post by caveman Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:31 am

Sadly, my lad's lovely fiancee killed herself 2 weeks ago, her funeral was on Monday 1st July.

As you can imagine, we're both gutted and feeling totally fucked - with my son's illness rearing it's ugly head in the very near future, what the fuck are we going to do!

It was a massive funeral and he's still occupied with the fallout of it all, but when that ends I'm sure he'll end his suffering and I wouldn't blame him cos it was him and his girl that persuaded me not to when I lost my Anne.

My Anne and I had 25 years of happiness before the shite fell upon us, my lad and his lass had 2 years...nuff said.

Whatever he decides - I'll be with him 100% cos I'm a realist, not a dreamer.

Appreciate your loved ones mates cos they're all you've really got.
caveman
caveman

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill (the boss) Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:57 pm

Feelings here for you mate.
Love to you and yours Ray
Bill (the boss)
Bill (the boss)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down