Bills Bike Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Onda, (bugger 10 characters for a title)

3 posters

Go down

Onda, (bugger 10 characters for a title) Empty Onda, (bugger 10 characters for a title)

Post by lwt big cheese Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:51 pm

Went out this morning for the usual fry-up, only we had to make a stop first at my mate's near neighbour to offer advice.

He's bought an Onda VF750 Magma cruiser thingy. M reg so 94/95. 48,0000 miles?

Turns out the previous owner had it stood for two years before off-loading it to this geezer.

He got it started and now it doesn't. Nuffink, nada.

Now he knows even less than me!! So is struggling. Well he didn't clean the carbs or even clean the tank out and put fresh fuel in.

Now this bike is a cruiser, and not up my street at all (no pun intended). But looking online this p.m. it turns out that the engine is one of them's very nice V4 jobbies. and although has been stood the chrome isn't too bad considering. Well considering it's an Onda it's what you'd expect really. Rolling Eyes

Now suppose you'd had no money since July and things were getting slightly tight but supposing you know this geezer is a knob and only paid £500 for it any way, the question to the panel is...

should I have a punt?
lwt big cheese
lwt big cheese

Back to top Go down

Onda, (bugger 10 characters for a title) Empty Re: Onda, (bugger 10 characters for a title)

Post by Bill (the boss) Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:39 pm

No, they aint 'Ondas nice V4's, electrics are vile on them and they are so fucking cramped to work on. Offer £250 but go to £300 then break it if you have to spend more than £50 on it.
Bill (the boss)
Bill (the boss)

Back to top Go down

Onda, (bugger 10 characters for a title) Empty Re: Onda, (bugger 10 characters for a title)

Post by lwt big cheese Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:49 pm

I suspect the electrics as he doesn't even get a click on the starter despite jumping from a car battery.

But scanning around this p.m. I found a site saying don't disassemble the carbs unless you know what you're doing as they are bastards to setup.

Oh well nice dream for and afternoon anyway...
lwt big cheese
lwt big cheese

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill (the boss) Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:01 pm

Solenoid then, or ferked erf.
Bill (the boss)
Bill (the boss)

Back to top Go down

Post by lwt big cheese Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:06 pm

Just missed this for £500 too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ6KkBHqqD4

Not that I'm really looking Rolling Eyes
lwt big cheese
lwt big cheese

Back to top Go down

Post by lwt big cheese Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:13 pm

Bill (the boss) wrote:Solenoid then, or ferked erf.

It's been sat for two years and is now outside under a tarp. The bloody things needs warming up to dry it all out and all the spiders hoovering off.

It need a holiday to Spain. Then start diagnosing!
lwt big cheese
lwt big cheese

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill (the boss) Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:49 pm

That GT250 was cheap at £500!!
Bill (the boss)
Bill (the boss)

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan H Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:37 pm

Dunno owt about that honda but I would suspect battery connections. Earth for favourite. Like Bill says, offer a little and it it's too complicated, break it.
Bad luck on the Suzy. They are nice, well quick too.
Alan H
Alan H

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down