Bills Bike Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've gone diesel!

2 posters

Go down

I've gone diesel! Empty I've gone diesel!

Post by Alan H Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:19 pm

Pick this up on Monday.
I've gone diesel! File
Still got the kettle and one GT550 though + another 550 in resto!
Alan H
Alan H

Back to top Go down

I've gone diesel! Empty Re: I've gone diesel!

Post by Alan H Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:54 am

Jeez, it's big.
But like a big softy with a cosh in its pocket!
Alan H
Alan H

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill (the boss) Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:06 am

Ooh sexy
Bill (the boss)
Bill (the boss)

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan H Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:35 pm

First registered March 2004 and now with only 27700ish miles on and currently taxed, so can be ridden away if required. If not sold, it will be sorned at the end of January. If we get a nice fine day before the bike is sold, the mileage might go up a bit!
Bought the bike in July 2017 as I had engine problems with another bike just before I was due to tour Eire. Managed to get the naughty one sorted, so the 14 wasn’t used as I thought with only 1100 odd miles done in the last 20 months or so.
I’ve used the bike, and do enjoy it, but as my other bikes are mainly big 70s two strokes, it’s so different, I don’t get out on it that much – and the little lady doesn’t like it as ‘it’s too fast, too big, too everything’ I think. Most of my biker mates also have 70s machinery, so we tend to go out on those. Last year I had new Michelin tyres fitted (£130odd) along with the wheels powder coated silver (£100), and a full service consisting of oil & filter, plugs, air filter, chain and sprockets, all wheel bearings, all brake pads and new braided brake lines (total £580).
Tested until July 2019, so ready to run. Lots of paperwork with the bike.
This bike has a ‘custom’ non-age-related GJZ number plate which was on when I bought it, and will remain on when sold. Note that the UK V5 is current and in my name.
I fitted a new rack, a stainless radiator cover, a new pair of mirrors as the originals were too narrow for my taste, a set of chrome engine ‘crash’ bars - and the bike runs very well, and starts on the button. There is a small nose fairing and surprisingly this is very good as a windbreak at all speeds up to 7000rpm in top gear.
Could do with the stands powder coating and a good polish, but I expect the new owner will do that over the winter. Standard twin exhausts, very quiet and 40 odd miles to the gallon makes it a nice bike with ‘presence’.
I'd like £3250, but sensible close offers may work too - bike near Barnsley in South Yorkshire. Cash only and no tyre kickers please.

As I said above, I love the bike, but it's not had the use I hoped and now I need the room as I have a garage full of two strokes! Please PM or email for pics and further details.Good starter, runner, handler etc. But I still prefer the 2 strokes.
Go on, you know you need one!
Offers around £3250.

More pics if required. PM or email
I've gone diesel! File
Alan H
Alan H

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill (the boss) Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:15 pm

Wasting your time on here mate, but good luck with the sale.
Bill (the boss)
Bill (the boss)

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan H Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:04 pm

Fairy nuff Bill, just trying to post occasionally to keep it all moving - steadily!
Just had all the exhausts off (stainless downpipes) for a polish and fitted a new battery, so ready for re-advert later this week.
I do like the bike, but prefer the 2 strokes. The GSX is more bike than I'll ever need.
Fucking quick and certainly good fun tho'!
Alan H
Alan H

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill (the boss) Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:52 pm

The VF750R I had was quick, thats why I sold it. The MZ was slow, that's why I sold it, got a NTV650 now.
Bill (the boss)
Bill (the boss)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum