Bills Bike Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's been snowing

2 posters

Go down

It's been snowing Empty It's been snowing

Post by Alan H Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:14 pm

and my garden now looks as good as any in the country!

Good job I got the horse shit spread last week, although I intended digging it over this weekend. Sod that it's too forking cold!

Plenty of dicky birds eating the seed and flitting about - Goldfinches, Blue and Great Tits, Greenfinches and loads of spuggies. A pair of (male) Robins that seem quite friendly with one another on the water container - drinking buddies maybe?
A couple of Blackbirds and that's about it, seems like all the pigeons & Doves have pissed off to where they get fed better after I stopped putting so much on the bird table and more in the feeders.

So according to the gardening bits in the paper, it's seed catalogue time now so that we can all decide on what we will be growing next year.
So far I reckon it will be two or three varieties of tomatoes - the golden sunrise were bloody gorgeous in the greenhouse, but less tasty outdoors, also I have some stripey ones and will see what they go like. Telegraph and Lemon varieties of cucumber and some early radish and lettuce in the greenhouse. Sweetcorn and beetroot outside - not sure what else yet. Maybe onions and carrots. I like fava beans but no-one else does and the peas didn't last long enough plus I only have two small bits of garden that I can vegetate.
Two apple trees that need pruning, two pear trees that have been pruned and a nectarine tree that I have just had donated. Blueberry bushes and a goosegog if I can keep the birds off it. Whishle see what else.
Alan H
Alan H

Back to top Go down

It's been snowing Empty Re: It's been snowing

Post by lwt big cheese Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:04 pm

Our Robin is back.
lwt big cheese
lwt big cheese

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan H Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:54 am

Hmmm, I won't be digging this much in the near future.

It's been snowing Snowyh10

Alan H
Alan H

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan H Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:55 am

Bloody snow!

It's been snowing Snowyg10
Alan H
Alan H

Back to top Go down