Bills Bike Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

British bike night, The worlds end pub, Nr Wellington.

4 posters

Go down

British bike night, The worlds end pub, Nr Wellington. Empty British bike night, The worlds end pub, Nr Wellington.

Post by dungbeetle Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:00 pm

This Thursday the 21st of June Bill, around 7.00 ish, be there or be a square (four, see what I did there !!).

Japanese and European bikes are also "welcome" but it's predominantly British stuff.

The "worlds end" pub, Nr Wellington, from Taunton, head towards Wellington, go past "Total Triumph" on the right, the pubs a mile on the left.

From Wellington, Junction 26, M5, head towards Taunton, it's about 3 miles from the M/way junction on the right.
dungbeetle
dungbeetle

Back to top Go down

British bike night, The worlds end pub, Nr Wellington. Empty Re: British bike night, The worlds end pub, Nr Wellington.

Post by Bill (the boss) Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:15 am

Sounds intersting but I shall be getting ready for summat this weekend and packing the sidecar with tent etc.
Bill (the boss)
Bill (the boss)

Back to top Go down

British bike night, The worlds end pub, Nr Wellington. Empty Re: British bike night, The worlds end pub, Nr Wellington.

Post by dungbeetle Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:38 pm

It's not at the weekend, it's tomorrow, Thursday evening, you've got all day to put a tent in your chair,............... it's right up your street, take your camera , you'll regret it if you don't.
dungbeetle
dungbeetle

Back to top Go down

Post by dungbeetle Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:11 pm

Not too busy tonight, 4 Brit classics, about 10 modern Triumphs......

British bike night, The worlds end pub, Nr Wellington. 20121

British bike night, The worlds end pub, Nr Wellington. 20122

British bike night, The worlds end pub, Nr Wellington. 20123

And a lonely kettle.
British bike night, The worlds end pub, Nr Wellington. 20124

It's been rescheduled until the 19Th July for obvious reasons, but it was still a good evening as everyone had ridden there through some crap weather and it created a nice camaraderie.
dungbeetle
dungbeetle

Back to top Go down

Post by lwt big cheese Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:08 pm

That last Enfield is interesting.
lwt big cheese
lwt big cheese

Back to top Go down

Post by dungbeetle Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:16 pm

RESCHEDUALED.............
An email from the organisers of the British bike night...............

Hi Everyone,
It will probably come as no surprise to those of you who wisely stayed at home, gazing out at the near horizontal rain, to learn that we have re-scheduled British Bike Night for Thursday 19th July....

A heart-felt thank you and well done to all the indomitable/foolhardy souls who braved the ‘liquid sunshine’ last Thursday to turn up on a bike despite the worst that an English Summer could throw at us. It is stout hearts such as yours that once made the British Empire great..... and maybe explains why we gave it all back!! Hopefully a good time was had by all, I know that I felt well restored by an excellent World’s End curry and a pint. It was good to chat with people on bikes ancient and modern, British, Japanese and Indian but with a common enthusiasm and complete disregard for the climate. A special mention should go to the lads and lasses of Total Triumph for their relentless determination to keep their display upright in the appalling conditions and also to the staff at the World’s End for a warm welcome and place to drip.

SO SEE YOU ALL ON THURS THE 19TH JULY

AT THE WORLD’S END

We will do our best to arrange good weather this time so the only end of the world that will apply will be the venue, in fact we are considering sacrificing Simon to the weather gods because it was his job to pre-book the weather last time!

See you on the 19th.

Kenna, (On behalf of British Bike Night.)
dungbeetle
dungbeetle

Back to top Go down

Post by dungbeetle Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:41 pm

Tomorrow night, Thursday the 19th July.
dungbeetle
dungbeetle

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan H Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:53 am

Take a brolly and post some pics!!
Alan H
Alan H

Back to top Go down

Post by dungbeetle Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:16 pm

Take a brolly, you're joking, the sky was blue and the sun was shining, as a result it was busy, the car park was full to bursting and there was some beautiful machines there, I only took one picture, and that was of the collective just before we left so it might have been too dark.

You missed a good local one Bill, all sorts of British machines.
dungbeetle
dungbeetle

Back to top Go down

Post by dungbeetle Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:37 pm

Just one, very unimpressive picture, sorry, they were packed in there good and tight, it would have been difficult taking pictures, and I would have had to put my beer down, that's my excuse and i'm sticking to it. ;-)

British bike night, The worlds end pub, Nr Wellington. 2012part21
dungbeetle
dungbeetle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down