Bills Bike Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're going tin

+2
Bill (the boss)
caveman
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

We're going tin - Page 2 Empty Re: We're going tin

Post by caveman Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:32 am

Thanks folks, I appreciate your very kind thoughts and wishes.

More bad news though, I reckon oor lad's got the same illness as his Mum had cos the early signs that I know so well are very apparent.

I think he also knows as we've talked about it and he was also a witness to his Mum's early symptoms as he was around 16/17 at the time. His new fiancé - who happens to be a very, very intelligent lass and also in the caring profession with some experience of these illnesses - also guessed that it might be summat similar.

His last "episode" happened about four or five weeks ago, (the third that I know of) but this time it involved a trip to casualty after he sort of zombied out and being diagnosed with migraine, my blood ran cold with foreboding - exactly the same symptoms and diagnosis as my Anne had at almost the exact same age.

It gets worse. His lass being a smart cunt (in the nicest way possible), being very worried about Craig and when both visiting me two weeks ago, questioned me relentlessly about Annes's symptoms in the early days. Well, I tried to avoid the issue cos my lad was there although he was sleeping and I also didn't want to drag up bad memories and depress myself, but eventually gave in and admitted that the symptoms were similar, she persisted for ages asking, "how similar? I finally relented and said, "exactly the same".

Well, the floodgates opened. Her first, then I followed soon afterwards.

The same day they left me the shite hit the proverbial, I guess the horror of reality had occurred to my son's lass - she adores Craig but I reckon she could visualise the rough road ahead if she stays with him. She was there before my Anne passed away and met her in the, so called "care home", it's not nice seeing a person with primary progressive MS for the first time - very fucking scary in fact.

They've had a very rough time this past wee while since that night, his lass hitting the bottle with trying to cope with the shock and oor lad phoning me telling me he's almost at the end of his tether...what a mind fuck.

Craig has been very unsuccessful with girls, I think primarily because he was always too honest and admitted to his girlfriend at the time that he didn't want kids. That's anathema to most girls whether they want kids or not. Now he has a very valid reason not to have any. I wonder if he ever suspected the possibility of his carrying the MS gene?

Anne and I were lucky, we met and married young 16 and 20 respectively, had our kids young, starting at 17 and 21 and finishing at 26 and 30, also respectively - which meant we had many happy and relatively carefree years together before illness reared it's ugly head. Unfortunately, oor lad hasn't got that as he's now nearing 40.

To say I'm devastated would be an understatement, there's no word to explain what I'm feeling.

How much more can a broken heart take?

Sorry for whining on lads, but you're the only cunts I can talk to that'll listen and pretend to be interested! tonguetonguetongue
caveman
caveman

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan H Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:42 pm

I can't think of anything that will make you feel any better Ray. My thoughts and sympathies go with you and your family mate.
Alan H
Alan H

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill (the boss) Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:16 pm

Bollocks, thoughts with you
Bill (the boss)
Bill (the boss)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill (the boss) Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:19 am

You still about Raymond??
Bill (the boss)
Bill (the boss)

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan H Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:18 pm

He's been quiet for a bit now Bill. Hope the old Jockanory is still as grumpy as ever.
Alan H
Alan H

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill (the boss) Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:03 pm

Hmmm, may have to learn scots and phone him.
Bill (the boss)
Bill (the boss)

Back to top Go down

Post by caveman Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:48 pm

Hi fannies, still alive - unfortunately.  Shocked

It probably won't surprise you that I'm still a grumpy auld cunt and a sweary bastard - though, I can still appreciate kind thoughts from well-wishers, so, many thanks for thinking about me ya wankers. Smile

A wee bit of explanation of what I've been up to since I got out of hospital in May 2017.

A few weeks before my wee darling Anne passed away, I had put my SWB series III in for repair and MOT so that I could visit her in the care-home on a daily basis, (it took me 3 months to get fit enough to drive after coming out of hospital) unfortunately, it was too late by a couple of days. That really bothers me sometimes, but I try not to think about it too much, though easier said than done. Mad

Anyway, concerning the wee red landy. Bill, Al and a few others from orrp will probably remember that I posted a rebuild thread on there about it in 2006 - before the shite hit us really bad and I'd more or less stopped using the landy cos Anne couldn't travel anymore due to travel sickness, so it was left outside in all weather for 10 years or so.

Also, to make room for the pikey wagon, I had to put the landy into a damp old shed for over a year - in total, it was neglected for well over 10 years and was fairly fucked by the time I put it in for repair. Very fortunately though, the horrible cunting bag next door had a nice bloke for a live-in boyfriend that had his own garage locally and repaired and MOT'd it within two weeks for just over a £1000! Plus £500 for new boots and carb which I bought separately.  Unfortunately, he's now gone (soon sussed the cunting bag out I reckon). I miss him cos he was a really nice bloke.  Sad

To be honest, I don't drive it very much. Mostly because I haven't driven for 10 years or so and also cos people are more cunts than they used to be when driving - sign of the times I guess.

I've visited my lad and his lass once driving it, where I had to go onto a dual carriageway for a few miles - fuck me!  T'was fucking scary going flat oot at 50mph and many bastards flashing and giving me the finger when in the slow lane - fucking cunts, I honestly momentarily thought of ramming them.

'BBC NEWS FLASH'  "Auld decrepit Scottish cunt in't ancient Land-Rover runs amok and wipes out 20 cars and drivers on A90 in Angus".  Local witness says, "He seemed tae go aff his fuckin heid driving in tae aw these motors an' runnin ower the drivers when they tried tae leg it - he wis laughing his heid aff so he wis - fuckin guyza bampot an shud be shoat!"

One can dream eh.  Twisted Evil
caveman
caveman

Back to top Go down

Post by caveman Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:42 pm

Here's a couple of pics - if I can remember how to load the buggers on here!

Fucking success - nice one Bill, that was really easy.  Cool

We're going tin - Page 2 Sam_2010
We're going tin - Page 2 Sam_2012
We're going tin - Page 2 Sam_2011

All three pics took only 20 minutes ago.  

First pic is the wee landy just fitted with new mud-flaps today - fucking hard work, had to wear knee pads and was a bastard getting back up again. Thank fuck for the rear grab handles on't landy! Very Happy

Landy's a bit tatty - but I love it that way.  Cool  Cool  Cool

All pics is my outlook from my front doorstep - keeps me fairly sane I'll tell you. Rolling Eyes

Man country big Al....cough. Razz
caveman
caveman

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill (the boss) Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:53 pm

Looks good Ray, Mandy wont let me have any more Landies, apparently I get all angry in them and hit errant road users!!

In other news, I'm a parish councillor now and am going straight, straight as an arrow...most of the time.
Bill (the boss)
Bill (the boss)

Back to top Go down

Post by caveman Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:59 am

You! Angry? Never been known...snigger.  Rolling Eyes

Fuck me!  A parish councillor eh?  Helping the downtrodden I hope Bill, well done mate. Cool
caveman
caveman

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill (the boss) Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:43 pm

Actually Ray, things are afoot have a gander on orrp, I've posted a bit on there about it!
Bill (the boss)
Bill (the boss)

Back to top Go down

Post by JSG Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:36 am

Only just seen this Ray as I've not been on here for ages. Sorry to hear about Annie mate.
JSG
JSG

Back to top Go down

Post by lwt big cheese Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:33 pm

Ditto.

What he said.

I don't know whats worse. Loosing your wife over a long period, or overnight like mine went...
lwt big cheese
lwt big cheese

Back to top Go down

Post by caveman Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:20 am

Thanks JSG and Cheesy, much appreciated. Smile

As for losing your loved one slowly or quickly Cheesy - I honestly don't know what's worse, either is a total mind-fuck.
caveman
caveman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum