Bills Bike Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Part ?? of the hangy on thing it IT LIVES! AND IT TRIED TO KILL ME!!

+5
caveman
pastyman
lwt big cheese
Alan H
Bill (the boss)
9 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Part ?? of the hangy on thing it IT LIVES! AND IT TRIED TO KILL ME!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Part ?? of the hangy on thing it IT LIVES! AND IT TRIED TO KILL ME!!

Post by Alan H Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:34 pm

That looks well posh. What colour you doing it?
Alan H
Alan H

Back to top Go down

Part ?? of the hangy on thing it IT LIVES! AND IT TRIED TO KILL ME!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Part ?? of the hangy on thing it IT LIVES! AND IT TRIED TO KILL ME!!

Post by Bill (the boss) Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:27 am

White, same as the bike frame. But red also takes my fancy as well
Bill (the boss)
Bill (the boss)

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan H Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:31 pm

Doesn't show the blood so much when you bark a knuckle during the build!
Alan H
Alan H

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill (the boss) Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:23 am

True, and that has happened a few times.
Bill (the boss)
Bill (the boss)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill (the boss) Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:54 pm

I would fucking love that, but I am poorer than a church mouse on the dole.
Bill (the boss)
Bill (the boss)

Back to top Go down

Post by caveman Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:45 am

Nice welds Bill, yours?

Looking good mate. Very Happy
caveman
caveman

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill (the boss) Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:12 am

Yes, my welds. They aint going nowhere.
Bill (the boss)
Bill (the boss)

Back to top Go down

Post by caveman Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:21 pm

They look very pretty but did you get full penetration? Wink

Hark at me, meister of snotter welds...But they were very fucking strong - I know 'cos I've cut the buggers off again and again! Laughing
caveman
caveman

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill (the boss) Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:06 pm

Oooo Errr missus, I penetrated fully thank you.
Bill (the boss)
Bill (the boss)

Back to top Go down

Post by caveman Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:19 pm

Snigger....
caveman
caveman

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill (the boss) Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:20 pm

Tiz home again, road it home in the dark, in the rain and I am sure it is possessed and wants to kill me.

Was fun though.
Bill (the boss)
Bill (the boss)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill (the boss) Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:28 pm

5 concrete blocks just to keep the chair wheel near planet earth

Part ?? of the hangy on thing it IT LIVES! AND IT TRIED TO KILL ME!! - Page 5 DSC_0002

Part ?? of the hangy on thing it IT LIVES! AND IT TRIED TO KILL ME!! - Page 5 DSC_0001

Still bloody good fun though, rode (drove?) it home last night in the 'rush' hour, went into one hedge, nearly didnt make it round the first sharp left hand bend I came to, all in all a laugh.
Bill (the boss)
Bill (the boss)

Back to top Go down

Post by caveman Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:02 am

Mad as a brush mate! affraid
caveman
caveman

Back to top Go down

Post by motocuz Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:34 am

that is looking really good there bill.kudos.
motocuz
motocuz

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill (the boss) Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:48 pm

Made a lash up box yesterday and tried it today. First time out it was unrideable at anything above walking speed, the bars dissapeared iinto a blur!!

So, I started taking the blocks out one by one and when I got down to 2 it was perfick, so I went for a little ride.

Part ?? of the hangy on thing it IT LIVES! AND IT TRIED TO KILL ME!! - Page 5 2011-12-12120406

Part ?? of the hangy on thing it IT LIVES! AND IT TRIED TO KILL ME!! - Page 5 2011-12-12120224

Part ?? of the hangy on thing it IT LIVES! AND IT TRIED TO KILL ME!! - Page 5 2011-12-12120311
Bill (the boss)
Bill (the boss)

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan H Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:59 pm

The bike looks to be leaning towards the chair Bill, it should lean out. Or is it just an optical confusion.

Nice work though, you'll have to learn to steer with the throttle now - and fit a bloody strong steering damper!!
Alan H
Alan H

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill (the boss) Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:03 pm

It is a sort of illusion. With me on the bike it leans out by 2 degrees but unladen it does lean in.
Bill (the boss)
Bill (the boss)

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan H Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:33 pm

You put weight on? I'm sure it should lean out when 'at rest'.
Alan H
Alan H

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill (the boss) Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:37 am

Yes I have put weight on, but every thing I read and every person I spoke to about setting it up said to put the appropriate weight on the bike when setting it up, that is what I done and that is what I finshed up with. Strange I know but it rides nice now, so???
Bill (the boss)
Bill (the boss)

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan H Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:43 pm

Just going on past experience/knowledge.
However, if it works, then it must be OK.
Hope you have strong arms!!
Alan H
Alan H

Back to top Go down

Post by motocuz Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:17 pm

perhaps you could put some turnbuckles in the tubes so you can adjust the lean in/out and 'spermint till you get it like you like it.
motocuz
motocuz

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan H Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:31 pm

Ah, he tried that but it was a tad 'bendy' and handled like a turd on a washing line in a tornado. (or summink simmler - you get the pitcher!!)
Alan H
Alan H

Back to top Go down

Post by motocuz Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:36 am

ten four.
motocuz
motocuz

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill (the boss) Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:55 am

It's OK. Gets better (or I do) every time I go out on it.
Bill (the boss)
Bill (the boss)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next