Bills Bike Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Part ?? of the hangy on thing it IT LIVES! AND IT TRIED TO KILL ME!!

+5
caveman
pastyman
lwt big cheese
Alan H
Bill (the boss)
9 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Part ?? of the hangy on thing it IT LIVES! AND IT TRIED TO KILL ME!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Part ?? of the hangy on thing it IT LIVES! AND IT TRIED TO KILL ME!!

Post by Alan H Mon May 23, 2011 1:51 pm

I'll see what there is when I get back home Bill (currently in Gozo). I've deffo got one, there may be another - stainless - only about 10mm thread though. That any good?
Alan H
Alan H

Back to top Go down

Part ?? of the hangy on thing it IT LIVES! AND IT TRIED TO KILL ME!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Part ?? of the hangy on thing it IT LIVES! AND IT TRIED TO KILL ME!!

Post by Bill (the boss) Mon May 23, 2011 9:48 pm

10mm stainless is what I bought allready, so yes, 10mm or bigger, stainless or not, eye or fork ends, anything gratefully received.
Bill (the boss)
Bill (the boss)

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan H Wed May 25, 2011 4:34 pm

I'll check on tuesday (ash cloud permitting) when I'm back at work.
Alan H
Alan H

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill (the boss) Wed May 25, 2011 6:49 pm

Fankoo
Bill (the boss)
Bill (the boss)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill (the boss) Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:55 pm

OK It seems I dont need turnbuckles, I need rigging screws, they look like posh turnbuckles with locknuts and a enclosed body. Ho well.
Bill (the boss)
Bill (the boss)

Back to top Go down

Post by pastyman Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:27 pm

well dont know where my last post went but i might have something along these lines in work, will have a look on monday for you
pastyman
pastyman

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill (the boss) Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:06 am

Thanks Pastyjan
Bill (the boss)
Bill (the boss)

Back to top Go down

Post by lwt big cheese Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:17 am

Pasty jam.

Mmmmmmm tasty....
lwt big cheese
lwt big cheese

Back to top Go down

Post by caveman Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:12 am

Interesting project this Bill but it needs some more piccies for me to salivate over...drools in anticipation. Cool
caveman
caveman

Back to top Go down

Post by lwt big cheese Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:50 am

Think how much domino's pizza he could deliver!!
lwt big cheese
lwt big cheese

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill (the boss) Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:37 pm

OK, some more piccies. I have 2 mounting points so far but I need 2 more. Lack of funds is holding that up for a week or two, but there is no rush.

I have just got back from the local industrial estate and have more than enough steel to make loads of brackets (I have some possible 'improvements' in mind)
So here goes, enjoy, and if you can see anything that needs sorting/changing/improving the just holler.
Part ?? of the hangy on thing it IT LIVES! AND IT TRIED TO KILL ME!! - Page 2 DSC_0001

Part ?? of the hangy on thing it IT LIVES! AND IT TRIED TO KILL ME!! - Page 2 DSC_0003-2

Part ?? of the hangy on thing it IT LIVES! AND IT TRIED TO KILL ME!! - Page 2 DSC_0006-1

Part ?? of the hangy on thing it IT LIVES! AND IT TRIED TO KILL ME!! - Page 2 DSC_0010-2
Bill (the boss)
Bill (the boss)

Back to top Go down

Post by pastyman Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:31 pm

looking good there boss, was going to reply to say that i didnt have any of the bolts you were looking for in work, but it looks like you have them anyway Very Happy
pastyman
pastyman

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill (the boss) Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:36 pm

I need two more, and they aint very cheap. Look good though dont they?
Bill (the boss)
Bill (the boss)

Back to top Go down

Post by pastyman Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:31 pm

yep they do look good, far too good in fact i reckon you'll have to take them off and soak them in a bowl of salt water so that they match the rest of the bike lol!
pastyman
pastyman

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill (the boss) Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:34 pm

Smile When it is finished, the rest of the bike will be spruced up, especially as I now have an oven to to my powder coating with!
Bill (the boss)
Bill (the boss)

Back to top Go down

Post by caveman Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:16 am

lwt big cheese wrote:Think how much domino's pizza he could deliver!!
Mmm, Pizza...
caveman
caveman

Back to top Go down

Post by caveman Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:27 am

Bill (the boss) wrote:I need two more, and they aint very cheap. Look good though dont they?
Oi baldy, I might be able to get two 12mm bolts like those for you, any good or too big?

Just curious as I know eff all about it but is there any legal limit for total width with motorbike combinations?
caveman
caveman

Back to top Go down

Post by caveman Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:29 am

Oh and please keep the pics coming. Smile
caveman
caveman

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill (the boss) Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:45 am

Legal width- no, but there is a sensible width, too wide and you wouldnt be able to make it go around corners properly.

12mm would be excellent if they are like those xxxxx

Bill (the boss)
Bill (the boss)

Back to top Go down

Post by caveman Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:30 am

They look exactly like them Bill, I'll send them on when they arrive.
caveman
caveman

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill (the boss) Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:57 pm

FUUUCCCCKKKKKKK

Got it all done today, finished off the 'improvements' I was doing to the lump and fired it up. It started easily, I climbed aboard.
Snicked into first and gently let the clutch out,fuuuucccckkk, the bike wants to go around the chair, so I shut the throttle and it straightens out. I get a tight gripon the bars and open the throttle again FUUUCCCKKK, front wheel comes up, everything dives to the left and I am not in control, nothing like in control.
I gingerly turn round and head slowly up the hill towards home, I am a fucking idiot as I crack the throttle open this time FUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKK

I dont learn do I?

Get it back on my drive and turn it off.

More thoughts and pondering are required here, but it does seem that the XR600Cam and Carbs along with the high comp piston are working nicely together.
Bill (the boss)
Bill (the boss)

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan H Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:17 pm

First time I drove a combo it was like that. Bloody different innit!
It makes your arms very strong, but maybe you need a steering damper?
Once moving you more or less steer with the throttle, accelerate on left handers and decelerate a bit on right handers. Unless of course you need to brake hard on a left hander and the sidecar wants you to go right. My mate had a double foot brake set up so that he could brake both car and bike together or either one if he needed turning assistance. Remember my question some time ago regarding linked brakes?
Alan H
Alan H

Back to top Go down

Post by lwt big cheese Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:22 pm

Slow build then?
lwt big cheese
lwt big cheese

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill (the boss) Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:08 pm

Taken it off for now for a rethink. Haven't stopped yet, just scratching my head and rethinking
Bill (the boss)
Bill (the boss)

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan H Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:13 am

Do you know anyone with a combo?
Have a go on theirs and see if it's handling is any different.
Alan H
Alan H

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next